Analysis of the investment attractiveness of the Lublin region, considering the region?s potential to attract FDI
We elaborated the project on behalf of the Marshal’s Office of Lubelskie Voivodeship in Lublin within Creation and Development ofThe Network of Investors and Exporters’ Service Centres financed by the funds of the Development of Eastern Poland Operational Programme.
Within the project we conducted an investment attractiveness analysis and an investor’s informative guide (Lubelskie ? the place for your investments). The final report consisted of two main parts:
1st part: Formal and legal aspects regarding many features of running an economic activity in the region (with a special focus on conditions important for foreign investors) such as:
- characteristics of forms of running an economic activity;
- legal and formal procedures linked to starting an economic activity;
- taxation forms and their soultions;
- Labour law;
- direct foreign investments legal conditions in the region;
- location procedures.
2nd part: Study on the region’s investment potential based on a detailed analysis realized via desk research and in-depth interviews, such as:
- index analysis;
- desk research study (communication availability, labour market, key sectors, cooperative relations, science and investigation potential, entrepreneurial support system);
- analysis of availabilty of investment areas and office spaces;
- a detailed analysis of direct foreign investments state (including examples of realized investments).
The last stage of the analysis was to select forward-looking directions of FDI development ? the key sectors and FDI attraction. In order to do so, we used the data collected in the analysis mentioned above and completed it with information gathered via individual in-depth interviews with both foreign investors and experts in investment attraction, representatives of science and technology parks and special economic zones among others.
The analysis with a special information folder were translated into English and Russian and are to be issued with an ISBN number.